Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Random Thoughts And Things

So Amy, a friend of my wife, visited for Shabbat. She teaches 1st grade, and was talking to Meir (who is about a year and a half) in Hebrew for about 5 minutes, and he gives her this look and says, "What Amy talking about?"

I went to CUNY today to get approval for classes for next semester. I signed up for a seminar class in AI and Robotics, and a Readings class in Computational Linguistics and Speech processing. Hopefully this will help me along my way toward a thesis. It was annoying though since it was 2 1/2 hours travel time and 5 minutes actually registering.

I read a bit of midrash Rabba on the train there, which is always an invitation for random Jewish people to come and strike up conversations. This time it was a non-affiliated fellow who liked midrash, particularly midrash tanchuma, and told me all about his life and philosophy of buying seforim. Quite interesting guy.

In terms of the recent "controversy" with Google not changing their logo for Memorial Day, I say give them a break. They posted a response explaining how generally their sendups of the google logo are somewhat funny, and it is hard to achieve the desired effect and not offend. I think that just because they change their logo for a few events throughout the year does not mean that they must do it for every one. They did Independence Day. I would not see anything to take offense at here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin