- Dr. Benny Shalom corrects the Guardian's article about his views on whether Moshe Rabbenu used psychotropic drugs.
- Wolfish Musings posts a SheAsani Kirtzono sign.
- Sinfest draws a spin on an old Easter / Groundhog day joke.
- I don't know whether the allegations will prove true, but I can see it -- the burka babe phenomenon was not the result of chumra-ism but rather of mental illness; but also, often making the permitted into the forbidden is a result of a warped worldview, or a rebellion, where the actually forbidden ends up being permitted. Her insane restrictiveness could easily translate into physical abuse, and her not talking to her family at all because of a taanit dibbur could easily translate into neglect or not offering proper guidance to her children.
But I don't know. The authorities will do the proper investigations, I'm sure.
- Balashon on Ohel and Ahalan. A sampling:
Ahalan, borrowed directly from Arabic, comes from ahal, one of many words for "family." (The cognate Hebrew word, ohel, means "tent," that is a place where a family lived.)
Kaddari [...] dismisses a connection...