- Sleeping on the night of Shavuot -- some sources. According to midrash, according to Ibn Ezra, what did the Bnei Yisrael do? Whatever they did, was it "bad"? Even if so, need we somehow "fix" this? (This last point is not addressed in the post.)
- In the beginning of Shadal's vikuach, he opposes the kabbalistic custom staying up all night saying a tikkun on another chag. Which makes it appropriate reading material for tonight. Here is the first chapter of Shadal's Vikuach, as a Google site, so that it is all one printable page. Check it out here.
- Kabbalah coopts Shavuot -- in at least three ways
- Why converts are great
- How Naomi Proposes Yibbum For אשת אחיו שלא היה בעולמו and אחין מן האם
- Naomi as prototype of believed woman
- Naomi: The Lord has *testified* against me?
- Did Boaz perform customary maamar?
- Ruth and Naomi's names. And more on Ruth's name.
- Cross-dressing Ruth and Naomi
- What I plan to learn Shavuot night. Shadal's Vikuach. And now I have posted up much (though not all) of it in translation. See for 2009, though.